Dear all,

Some weeks ago I was busy setting up an ISFC connection between my two
z/VMs. Meanwhile I succeeded in this task.

However, I have still some quesions. Maybe I miss some documentation but
z/VM connectivity manual is not too specific for my taste.

I have established a CTC connection between the systems. This connection
has
one CTC address on each side used in the ACTIVATE ISLINK.

When I look now to the Query ISLINK command, it is mentioned there "duple
links".  Can somebody please explain me what duplex links are? Is this
simply another ACTIVATE ISLINK with the next higher UA?

Another question: Is it necessary to regularily check if the ISLINK is up
 or
is the system trying to reactivate a link?

Thank you very much in advance.

Florian