Mark Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :-

> Actually we will be attempting to install zVM 5.4 on a new lpar so we
> will be using the integrated 3270 console on the HMC to preform the
> initial install. For additional fun we will be attempting to install
> everything directly to FCP DASD not ECKD.

OK - that is different to what we do so my cookbook will not help you.

I have just read the Summary card again and the instructions for 1st level
from an FTP server are there and seem fairly clear - although I can't
verify if they are correct.

Just out of interest - if you have another VM LPAR, why did you decide to
install 1st level rather than build it first at second level on another
LPAR and then IPL it on you target LPAR when you know it is good?

Colin Allinson

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH