Colin Allinson wrote:

> *Mark Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote :-
>
> > Actually we will be attempting to install zVM 5.4 on a new lpar so we
> > will be using the integrated 3270 console on the HMC to preform the
> > initial install. For additional fun we will be attempting to install
> > everything directly to FCP DASD not ECKD.
>
> OK - that is different to what we do so my cookbook will not help you.
>
> I have just read the Summary card again and the instructions for 1st
> level from an FTP server are there and seem fairly clear - although I
> can't verify if they are correct.
>
> Just out of interest - if you have another VM LPAR, why did you decide
> to install 1st level rather than build it first at second level on
> another LPAR and then IPL it on you target LPAR when you know it is good?
>
> *
> Colin Allinson**
> *
> Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
This lpar is going to be used as a system programmer sandbox where lots
of people who can hardly spell zVM will be learning to
install/administrate it. We want it to be as isolated from production as
possible.

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the
Information Purification Directives. We have created, for
the first time in all history, a garden of pure ideology.
Where each worker may bloom secure from the pests of
contradictory and confusing truths. Our Unification of
Thoughts is more powerful a weapon than any fleet or army
on earth. We are one people, with one will, one resolve,
one cause. Our enemies shall talk themselves to death and
we will bury them with their own confusion. We shall prevail!

Apple's television commercial - Super Bowl - 1984