Jim Bohnsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :-

> I would be interested in hearing from someone who has the
> opportunity to ipl a 2nd level z/VM 5.4 or earlier while using an
> emulator screen that is not configured as a mod-2 3270.  What I'd like
> to know is at ipl time, when you've got the first screen up with options

> of WARM FORCE SHUTDOWN or what ever, if you can key anything it.  You
> don't have to enter it.  2nd and subsequent screens seem just fine.

Hi Jim,

We do our 5.4 (as well as earlier versions) build on a 2nd level system
(also from an FTP server). I use PC3270 and, in fact, I use a non-standard
screen size of  43x132. This does upset some fullscreen programs but I
have never had the same problem as you in the startup phase of VM.

Colin Allinson

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH