From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Colin Allinson
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 2:50 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z/VM 5.4.0 - SHUTDOWN HANGS

Raymond Noal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :-

> I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide any additional
information on the
> problem you had during SHUTDOWN. Did IBM give you a PTF or what?
> Is there something you can give me to find this on IBMLINK?
> Doing a search for 'SHUTDOWN' on IBMLINK did not provide any help.

Raymond,

The PMR for our problem was 46373,077,724. We got a local PTF to fix
HCPRDI for the specific DASD range. Although this was on 5.3, we checked
and it did not need to be reworked for 5.4.

However, if this is the same problem as ours, the SHUTDOWN should
complete eventually (depending on your processing power, how many
affected DASD you have connected and over how many channels each you may
need a LOT of patience).

Colin Allinson

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH