You can also use the WW2GET EXEC that comes with CHARLOTT. This works
with some Windows HTTP servers that will not return anything to GETHTTP.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rich Smrcina
Sent: October 9, 2008 13:14
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: REXX and URL's

Gentry, Stephen wrote:
> Is there a way, in REXX, that I can specify a URL, and get the results

> returned in a stem?  For example, the url
>
> http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/timer.pl
>
> when ran from a browser, returns about 8 lines of information.  Once
the
> info is in a stem/queue/stack, I can select the one I want to display.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

I have a couple of execs GETURL and GETHTTP and will get a web page to a
file, you can
then use a pipe to pull it into a stem.  I think I found them on the VM
Download page a
loooooong time ago.

--

Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richsmrcina

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review retransmission dissemination or other use of or taking any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient or delegate is strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The
integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The sender accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided.  The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.  The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.  This disclaimer is property of the TTC and must
not be altered or circumvented in any manner.