From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kris
Buelens
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 3:00 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: FULRDR FULIST ???

Sometimes it is a matter of taste too.  Please, give me the full XEDIT power
that is available in RDRLIST, FILELIST and alike.  FULIST doesn't have that at
all.
For example.
 FILELIST
 ALL /EXEC/ | /REXX/ | /XEDIT/
give me a list with most -if not all- files written in REXX
Then I might say for example enter "EXECUTE * SENDFILE / somewhere" in the
command-line.

As FILELIST & RDRLIST are xedit, you can extend their function by coding an
XEDIT macro. Examples
- my COMPMDSK XEDIT macro compare the contents of the FILELIST you have open
with another filelist or fmode
- in RDRLIST, I've got PF14 set to a macro that issues a LISTFILE to seach
where that given RDR file already exists, so I can decide on which minidisk to
receive it.
KRIS     RDRLIST  A0  V 164  Trunc=164 Size=17 Line=10 Col=1 Alt=8
Cmd Filename Filetype Class User at Node     Hold Records    Date
*   PROFILE  EXEC     CON T KRIS    VMLINUX5 NONE     220 2008-10-08
*   PROFILE  EXEC     A1 V        45         11         1 2008-10-06
*   PROFILE  EXEC     D1 V        77        119         1 1998-07-17
Such things are impossible in closed tools like FLIST/FULIST, unless assembler
is your second speak.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support