On Wednesday, 10/08/2008 at 05:50 EDT, Rick Troth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There is one feature of OSA-ICC that sucks ...
> It does not close the telnet session when DISCONN from VM.
> (or when logging off)  This is where  'logoff hold'  or  'disc hold'
> are really handy in a direct (VM TCP/IP) telnet session.
>
> How come if ye olde 7171 could perform a disconnect
> the ICC cannot?  Maybe it is configurable and I am just ignorant.
> (I am willing to be called ignorant.  Have been ignorant so many
> times in the past!)

I don't know how it could be configurable.  The controller has no idea
that your user sessions is ended.  You see a logo or LOGGED OFF and know
that your session is ended.  A terminal controller has no idea since there
is no provision for a signal from the host (except DISABLE).

LOGOFF/DISC HOLD work for logical terminals since CP destroys the logical
terminal at LOGOFF (without the HOLD).  Telnet only knows that the session
is ended if the ldev goes away.