Here is jcl we use and have never had a problem. I hope it helps...mace

//STEP1    EXEC PGM=ADRDSSU,REGION=4M

//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*

//DASD     DD  UNIT=3390,VOL=SER=VMPA11,DISP=SHR

//TAPE     DD  DSN=PROD.BACKUP.FULLVOL.VMPA11(+1),

//             DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),

//             LABEL=(1,SL,EXPDT=99000),

//             UNIT=C3590,DCB=(PROD.BACKUP.MODEL,TRTCH=COMP),

//             VOL=(PRIVATE,,,9)

//SYSIN    DD  *

  DUMP TRACKS(0,0,3338,14) INDDNAME(DASD) OUTDDNAME(TAPE) ADMIN -

  CPVOLUME CANCELERROR

/*