One possibility for monitoring the backup OSAs from the VM side is to
define additional vswitches which use only a single OSA and monitor them.

So on Marcy's case, define vswitches OSAF4XX (using an address from the

F400 OSA) and OSAF6XX (using an address from the F600 OSA).

So if your primary vswitch is active on F600 with F400 as a backup, then

the state of vswitch OSAF4XX can give you a warm fuzzy that your primary

vswitch has a viable backup OSA.

You can't do this if you're using Link Aggregation, but otherwise it migh
be of use.

Brian Nielsen

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 08:38:50 -0400, Dean, David (I/S)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Got to agree with Marcy.  We monitored ours through q vswitch and it
>always showed the backup.  But when the Primary went down....
>
>David Dean
>Information Systems
>*bcbstauthorized*

E-