Richard -

There is a DIAGD4 VMARC on my VM download site:
http://zvm.sru.edu/~download

It contains an assembler program to invoke DIAGD4 and a SAMPLE EXEC
that uses it.

There are two versions.  I use the later version in z/VM 3.1

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 45 years
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://zvm.sru.edu/~fjh  +1.724.738.2153
              "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"