> The z/VM Development Lab is looking for some information regarding
> z/VM SSL server usage (this is the SSL for use with the VM TCP/IP
> stack). If you currently use the z/VM SSL server or plan to use it
> in the next few years, we'd like to hear from you to help guide some
> design decisions.
> Answers here, to myself, or to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for the following
> questions would be greatly appreciated:

> 1. What applications are you using with the z/VM SSL server?

The telnet server, and FTP. We were using it with the SMTP and HTTP
servers, but the connection limit is too quickly exhausted due to the
large number of spammers and other idiots probing the system.

> 2. What is the maximum number of concurrent sessions you currently
use?

About 250 sessions sustained when heavy testing is going on. With SMTP
enabled, the number was well over 3500/hr, 500-600 sustained.

> 3. What is the maximum number you expect to be using in 2 years?

Every connection in or out of the system. Could easily be in the
thousands if we turn SMTP/HTTP back on.

If you'd like to talk about the design, I'd be very interested in having
that conversation here or off-list.

-- db