On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:50:31 -0400, Bill Bitner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wro
te:

>The z/VM Development Lab is looking for some information regarding
>z/VM SSL server usage (this is the SSL for use with the VM TCP/IP
>stack). If you currently use the z/VM SSL server or plan to use it
>in the next few years, we'd like to hear from you to help guide some
>design decisions.
>
>Answers here, to myself, or to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for the following
>questions would be greatly appreciated:
>1. What applications are you using with the z/VM SSL server?

TN3270, FTP, thinking of using with the z/Web Server (which has built-in
SSL but does not
support TLS.)

>2. What is the maximum number of concurrent sessions you currently use?

Maybe 10. But we've been ordered to turn on TN3270 SSL by September 2008
(Oops!)  We have
had several requests for SFTP.  (Sorry not supported in VM, use FTPS. But
 FTPS is not available in
the "core" Unix/Linux.)

>3. What is the maximum number you expect to be using in 2 years?

Maybe 200. We are currently rolling out the PTF to go above 126.

>Regards,
>Bill Bitner

Sorry I missed your question before.

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com