From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Adam Thornton
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 11:42 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Redbook or Whitepaper For Deploying SSL on z/VM

On Oct 24, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Michael Coffin wrote:

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if there is a Redbook, Whitepaper or other good reading
for deploying SSL on z/VM for the first time?

I'm trying to follow the instructions in the TCP/IP Planning Guide, but
I have to confess as a first-timer they are a bit overwhelming.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Well, the fact that it's a giant pain is sort of the reason we developed
the SSL Enabler.  The bad news is that this depends on the version of
z/VM you're running.  The Enabler itself is free; we'll sell you ongoing
support for it if you would like; contact me offline if you're
interested.

If you're running z/VM 5.3,
http://www.sinenomine.net/products/vm/sslenabler is what you want.  You
will need to provide us proof of your current VM license.

If you're running 3.1-5.2, the licensing stuff is the same but I need to
get you a different download which is not currently linked on the web
site.  Talk to me offline.

If you're running 5.4, it's no longer Linux-based and thus the Enabler
won't help you.

Adam