Thanks for the information it is much appreciated!

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:10 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: INCREASE space on my A DISK

On Thursday, 11/06/2008 at 08:41 EST, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I ran of space on my A disk so I went into the user directory and made

it
> bigger brought the new directory online logged back on the guest and I

am still
> out of space. Am I missing a step here?

CMS can write only on the formatted area of the disk.  When you extended

the minidisk, the formatted area didn't change.  (QUERY DISK would have
shown you the same values.)

To make life inconvenient, CMS FORMAT cannot extend the formatted area.
Smaller, yes; larger, no.  So, you need TWO disks.  You need a second
disk
to which you can copy the contents of your A-disk.  (It could another
MDISK, SFS or a formatted T-disk, if you like.)  Then you FORMAT your
191.
 Then you copy the files from t-disk (e.g.) back to your A-disk.

If you have DIRMAINT installed with DATAMOVE configured, a DIRM CMDISK
will cause all of that to happen for you.