On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Kris Buelens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you have installed DFSMS, you can enlarge a minidisk with extra
> space added at the end of the minidisk:
> - verify you have DFSMS COPY: look for DFSMS MODULE on DGTOWNER 195
>  (DFSMS is a free feature of z/VM, but it is not pre-installed)
> - update the size of the minidisk in the CP directory
> - run DIRMAP to check you didn't create overlaps
> - LINK * 191 1191 MW

I think it's not too often that you find the free space behind your
full mini disk, but it can happen (and sometimes made to happen by
moving away the one that sits behind your very large disk).

But I think your approach is very tricky because it relies on the
DETACH 191 preventing CMS from writing back the directory. You should
also make clear that nothing else should be done between these steps
since it would break the spell.

And not copying the data is even faster than having DFSMS COPY do it.
So my approach would be:

 RELEASE A ( DET
 LINK * 191 191
 ACCESS 191 A
 run a pipeline that formats the new cylinders beyond the CMS formatted area
 FORMAT 191 A ( RECOMP

This takes minimal resources since it only formats the added
cylinders. If someone needs to see the pipeline to do this, then today
would be the day to ask since it's friday again.

Sir Rob the Plumber