There are various naming options for the PROFILE TCPIP file to support
various combinations of multiple stacks and systems, but I think I¹ve found
one that isn¹t quite supported...

We run CSE in a two CEC environment. Our z/VM systems are called POLAR and
GRIZZLY. We¹ve had a single vSwitch defined on each CEC for quite a while,
using POLAR TCPIP and GRIZZLY TCPIP as the profiles for the two TCPIP
virtual machines. We added a new set of OSA devices to each CEC, and we want
to bring them up and test them, and then ultimately convert everything to
use the new OSA connections (converting from fiber to fast copper).

I set up a second TCPIP virtual machine on POLAR (TCPIP2), and created a
TCPIP2 TCPIP file for its profile. I was able to bring this up and use it.
The problem comes if I want to run the TCPIP2 virtual machine on both CECs.
The two TCPIP machines are controlled by the POLAR and GRIZZLY TCPIP files,
but is there a way to identify two profiles for the TCPIP2 virtual machines?
Or, must I call the virtual machine TCPIP3 on the GRIZZLY system in order to
run both at the same time?

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\