I have a question regarding the translation of the left and right square
brackets.  Files we created under Z/VM 5.2 using the square brackets are
displaying incorrectly.

Should ascii x'5B' translate to EBCDIC x'AD'?

Should ascii x'5D' translate to EBCDIC x'BD'?

The green/yellow card has the translations being

Ascii x'5B' to EBCDIC x'AD' and Ascii x'5D' to EBCDIC x'BD'.

After upgrading to Z/VM 5.4, We are seeing

Ascii x'5B' -> EBCDIC x'BA'

Ascii x'5D' -> EBCDIC x'BB'

What is the recommended telnet translation table we should be using?

Was there a change in the default translation table between 5.2 and 5.4?

Could we have changed the default translation table and not leave
tracks?

Thanks.

Jim Hughes

603-271-5586