I have a production vSwitch with a back-up OSA, and I¹d like to take out the
back-up OSA for a moment and test it separately from its normal vSwitch.

If I redefine a vSwitch on the fly, will it go ³down² for any amount of time
while reconfiguring? Or for that matter, can I even do a DEFINE command for
a currently active vSwitch at all?

My current definition looks like this:

q vswitch vswg
VSWITCH SYSTEM VSWG     Type: VSWITCH Connected: 36   Maxconn: INFINITE
PERSISTENT  RESTRICTED    PRIROUTER                 Accounting: OFF
VLAN Unaware
MAC address: 02-00-00-00-00-01
State: Ready
IPTimeout: 5         QueueStorage: 8
Portname: OSASUE2    RDEV: 8A00 Controller: DTCVSW1  VDEV:  8A00
RDEV: 8B00 VDEV: 8B00 Controller: DTCVSW2  BACKUP
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 14:31:53

Could I issue the command ³CP DEFINE VSWITCH VSWG RDEV 8A00 IP PRIROUTER²
without disrupting the current traffic on the vSwitch?

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\