I think you are correct Rob, an application program (ie WAKEUP) must establish
it's ability to receive SMSG's before anyone can send one. Just setting SMSG ON
is not enough.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of RPN01
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 11:34 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: SMSG Authorization

Wouldn't the EREP program actually have to be waiting and understand SMSG
messages, otherwise, what do you expect it to do with the message once received?

Of course, I could be blowing smoke, and EREP does indeed have features to do
this that I'm unaware of or have forgotten. (Getting old is such a pain...)

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\