On Tuesday, 12/09/2008 at 09:44 EST, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> One idea: take a look at the OpenSSL API documentation. Since that seems
> be the de facto floor SSL implementation on every other platform,
similar
> capabilities would probably be desirable. If you're pressed for time,
that
> basically boils down to exposing the encrypted state of the connection
> (on/off), trust level (algorithm/strength in bits), and endpoint
> verification (site/user) to the app.

TcpSStatus contains the state information maintainted by the stack in
cooperation with the SSL server.  I wanted to know if the state
information it returns it is sufficient to meet the needs of Mr.
Ackerman's programmers.  If so, it can be used now, with some creative
programming to convert socket numbers to connection numbers.  I'd also
entertain a requirement to add a C (IUCV) interface to obtain the
information.