I add the EOF option to my console spool commands, then CP will
automatically close the file and start a new one after 50K records.
For example, all my SVMs have the command CP SPOOL CONS START TO LOGS
EOF.  (LOGS is my console log collector.)

--
Bruce Hayden
Linux on System z Advanced Technical Support