On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:03:07 -0500, Michael Forte <mjfo...@us.ibm.com> wr
ote:

>Good morning, afternoon, or evening:
>
>The z/VM V5R4.0 Information Center on the Internet has been updated to
>include the latest product documentation for the recent release of z/VM
>V5R4.0 service and feature enhancements. The z/VM V5R4.0 Information
>Center (December 2008 edition) is available on an IBM Web site:
>http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zvm/v5r4/index.jsp. If you have
>comment or if you experience any problems using the information center,
>please use the "Contact z/VM" link at the top or bottom of the page in
>question.
>
>If you have forgotten what an information is, read on.
>
>z/VM V5R4.0 Information Center - December 2008
>
>IBM publishes the z/VM documentation in an information center using the
>IBM Eclipse Help System framework. Publishing in an information center i
>in addition to z/VM product documentation published in BookManager and P
DF
>format and available through the z/VM Collection and z/VM Internet
>Library. The content of the z/VM V5R4.0 Information Center (information
>for the z/VM base and optional features) is identical to that in the
>traditional BookManager and PDF formats; however, the presentation might

>differ to some degree.
>
>Information centers provide a new mechanism for delivering product
>documentation. Advantages of information centers are:
>
>  -- Content is indexed by Google and other internet search engines to
>help locate information more easily.
>
>  -- Custom searches can be created that include only the information yo
>need for a particular task or job role.
>
>Thank you,
>Michael J. Forte
>z/VM ID and POK Softcopy Support
>Software Engineer, System z Information Solutions 58HA
>IBM Poughkeepsie, New York
>mjfo...@us.ibm.com
>
>Office: 845-435-9062, T/L: 295-9062
>Fax: 845-432-9405
>
>P181, 2455 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
>Building 052, B09
>
>"Often those who work the hardest are the luckiest..."

I have tried to use these, and found them very frustrating. I stick BookM
anager and PDFs, not
because they are better but because I know how to use them. Not being a J
ava programmer, I have
no experience with Eclipse. Is there a good tutorial on Information Cente
r? The "On Mon, 15 Dec
2008 17:03:07 -0500, Michael Forte <mjfo...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>Good morning, afternoon, or evening:
>
>The z/VM V5R4.0 Information Center on the Internet has been updated to
>include the latest product documentation for the recent release of z/VM
>V5R4.0 service and feature enhancements. The z/VM V5R4.0 Information
>Center (December 2008 edition) is available on an IBM Web site:
>http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zvm/v5r4/index.jsp. If you have
>comment or if you experience any problems using the information center,
>please use the "Contact z/VM" link at the top or bottom of the page in
>question.
>
>If you have forgotten what an information is, read on.
>
>z/VM V5R4.0 Information Center - December 2008
>
>IBM publishes the z/VM documentation in an information center using the
>IBM Eclipse Help System framework. Publishing in an information center i
>in addition to z/VM product documentation published in BookManager and P
DF
>format and available through the z/VM Collection and z/VM Internet
>Library. The content of the z/VM V5R4.0 Information Center (information
>for the z/VM base and optional features) is identical to that in the
>traditional BookManager and PDF formats; however, the presentation might

>differ to some degree.
>
>Information centers provide a new mechanism for delivering product
>documentation. Advantages of information centers are:
>
>  -- Content is indexed by Google and other internet search engines to
>help locate information more easily.
>
>  -- Custom searches can be created that include only the information yo
>need for a particular task or job role.
>
>Thank you,
>Michael J. Forte
>z/VM ID and POK Softcopy Support
>Software Engineer, System z Information Solutions 58HA
>IBM Poughkeepsie, New York
>mjfo...@us.ibm.com
>
>Office: 845-435-9062, T/L: 295-9062
>Fax: 845-432-9405
>
>P181, 2455 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
>Building 052, B09
>
>"Often those who work the hardest are the luckiest..."

I have tried to use these, and found them very frustrating. I stick with
BookManager and PDFs, not
because they are better but because I know how to use them. Not being a J
ava programmer, I have
no experience with Eclipse. Is there a good tutorial on Information Cente
r? The "Help for the
information center" is amazingly unhelpful. It starts with keyboard short
cuts. Shouldn't it start
with as description of the page layout and how to use it?

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com