Don¹t do this. It will cause all sorts of random problems that you¹ll deeply
regret later.

There are three reserved address spaces in RFC 1918 (192.168.x.x,
172.12.x.x, and 10.x.x.x). I strongly doubt they are using all of these ‹
particularly the 172.12 space seems to be rarely used. If you absolutely
must use another space, 14.x.x.x was originally allocated to MERIT internal
infrastructure, and was historically available for internal networks (in
fact it was hardcoded into the IBM stack for a while long long ago), but you
would be better off if you could use the 172 space.