On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM, David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> Don't do this. It will cause all sorts of random problems that you'll deeply
> regret later.

Tee hee hee. The "random" problems are expected when your company gets
bought by IBM or when you outsource your business to IBM since
duplicate IP addresses would occur. That's one of the reasons IBM is
using official 9. IP addresses even internally for systems that don't
connect straight to the Internet: just to avoid collisions when
networks get merged in the future.

The "non-routable" subnets are meant for this. They are not routed
over the big switches and thus remain internal. Your only possible
risk is that someone else had the same idea, so things break when
networks are merged (even only logically). My home network is
192.168.1.0/24 and when I run a VPN bridge into that it may break when
the hotel picked the same subnet for their service.

Rob