That was from years ago, before ESAWRITE wrote the configuration records
for every hourly file. Both the hourly file and the configuration record
in every one of them were for problems that we had at USAir, and
originated out of the process that I implemented and shared with Barton.
Since our configuration rarely changed, only once every IOCP/POR,
copying the one record did no harm. In those days, MICS only accepted
raw data from VM, and it ignored the configuration record after
verifying its existence. Even if it did warp the data, that was no
problem because the capacity planners never did use it; they simply
ignored VM. The only systems they cared about were MVS and TPF.

Regards,
Richard Schuh