What everyone else said.....

Look at "z/VM Version 5 Release 4  Extending virtualization technology
leadership for System z" for a little more of an explanation.

"Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)" <terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov>
01/28/2009 01:12 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
LDAP changes in z/VM 5.4 and Redhat z/Linux

Hi

Currently we are using LDAP on our z/Linux Red Hat 4.6 which is running on
a z/VM 5.3 system to do our authentication.  One of our z/OS folks said
they saw somewhere that under z/VM 5.4 that you could no longer use LDAP
on z/Linux to authenticate, that it would need to be done at the z/VM
level. Is this true?

Thank You,

Terry Martin
Lockheed Martin - Information Technology
z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning
Cell - 443 632-4191
Work - 410 786-0386
terry.ma...@cms.hhs.gov