On Wednesday, 02/11/2009 at 02:32 EST, Rob van der Heij
<rvdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> > Finger check!  Make that
> >  CP_Owned Slot 255 RESERVED
>
> I *love* this one, and I envy the one who came up with it...  I have
> run into several folks who misunderstood the "reserved" as that you
> can't use it. If you put this in the default system config, then all
> we need is a change in Q CPOWN that will show them as FREE rather than
> RESERVED, and people would not need to know the stuff with reserved
> slots at all.

FREE would be ok if we removed the requirement to RESERVE them.  Otherwise
the other half of the world will complain that the status of the slot
shows "FREE" yet they defined it as "RESERVED" and why don't they match?

Of course, it's not FREE, either.  Just ask your Purchasing group.

;-)