On 2/16/09 4:33 AM, "Shimon Lebowitz" <shim...@iname.com> wrote:

> I have a few OSA questions please:
> [snip]
> Question 2 is important because we don't use DNS,

Fix this first:

 1.  Define a new VSWITCH for the new addresses.
 2.  Define a VSWITCH for the old addresses
 3.  Define a VNIC on TCPIP and attach it to the old address VSWITCH
 4.  Define two VNICs on each VSE
 5.  Attach 1 to the new address VSWITCH and address appropriately for that LAN
segment
 6.  Attach the other to the "old address" VSWITCH
 7.  Set up DNS and put the canonical address (the one for the REAL name) as
the new address
 8.  Start aggressively hunting down hardcoded addresses.

This will allow existing hardcoded addresses to work, not change your external
routing setup at all, and get you where you want to be quickly.

Seriously, it's 2009. Time to start kicking your network people to enable DNS.
It's been 30 years. I think it's proven safe and reliable. 8-)

-- db