You could try the DELayed option.

set pf11 del Q DASD DETAILS
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 13:23:45
Q DASD DETAILS 3600
3600  CUTYPE = 2105-E8, DEVTYPE = 3390-0C, VOLSER = VL4011, CYLS = 10017
      CACHE DETAILS:  CACHE NVS CFW DFW PINNED CONCOPY
           -SUBSYSTEM   Y    Y   Y   -    N       N
              -DEVICE   Y    -   -   Y    N       N
      DEVICE DETAILS: CCA = 00, DDC = --
      DUPLEX DETAILS: --
      PAV DETAILS: BASE VOLUME WITH 01 ALIAS VOLUMES
      CU DETAILS: SSID = 3600, CUNUM = 3600
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 13:23:52

Paul Feller
AIT Mainframe Technical Support
pfel...@aegonusa.com<mailto:pfel...@aegonusa.com>
(319)-355-7824

________________________________
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Howard Rifkind
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:16 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Set PFxx Question.

Did this a few times in the past but can't remember how to do this again.

I want to SET PFxx lets say PF11 as follows:

SET PF11 Q DASD DETAILS

Then when I hit the PF11 key I just want to fill in the address.  I've tried
the after and before versions and the Q DASD DETAILS shows up and it indicates
an error.  Never gives me the change to key in anything, I just want the
command to sit on the screen and wait.

So, how can I just hit PF11 have it show Q DASD DETAILS and stay on the screen
so I can key in the address I want?

Thanks.

The when I

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential
and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only.
Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the
contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately, then delete this
message and empty from your trash.