From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Shimon Lebowitz
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:39 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Q LIMITS question

Hi,
I am a bit confused by a Q LIMITS situation.

1) I (XMSL) am an admin:
 q enroll admin vmsys
NUMBER OF ADMINISTRATORS =        18
MAINT
XMSL
<snip>
RMSMASTR
DGTSRV01
DGTSRV02
DGTSRV03
READY; T=0.01/0.01 19:37:54

2) I can query limits of ALL the users:
 q limits all vmsys
USERID    STORAGE GROUP  4K BLOCK LIMIT  4K BLOCKS COMMITTED  THRESHOLD
DFSMS             2                4500            90-02%       90%
MAINT             2                7000          3030-43%       90%
<snip>
READY; T=0.01/0.01 19:39:10

3) BUT... I canot query an individual user:
 q limits for maint. vmsys
USERID    STORAGE GROUP  4K BLOCK LIMIT  4K BLOCKS COMMITTED  THRESHOLD
MAINT.            -                   -                 -         -
READY; T=0.01/0.01 19:40:13

Why not??

Thanks for any suggestions,
Shimon

Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:shim...@iname.com
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 542-9877  fax: 542-9308