Hi Mike,

Many experts have talked about XSTORE and VM using it for paging. All
our defined XSTORE is being used for MDCACHE. It made a noticable
difference to I/O performance for our VSE production guest. We could
have done it all in regular storage but until a recent processor
change, we didn't have much real storage that I wanted to give away. A
new-to-us z800 came with a lot more memory than we used to have, so we
configured some as XSTORE and MDC took it all. I wish I could claim
good planning on our part.

Ron