I am trying to rebuild CMSINST, following the directions in
   3.17.1 Rebuild the Saved Segments
of the 5.3.0 service guide.

I 190 CL parm nosprof instseg no
AC ( NOPROF

AC 5E6 B

AC 51D D

vmfbld ppf segbld esasegs segblist instseg type (serviced
VMFBLD2760I VMFBLD processing started
VMFBLD1851I Reading build lists
VMFBLD2182I Identifying new build requirements
VMFBLD2182I No new build requirements identified
VMFBLD1851I (1 of 1) VMFBDSEG processing SEGBLIST EXC00000 D, target is
BUILD
            51D (D)

VMFBDS2115I Validating segment INSTSEG
VMFBDS2002I A DEFSEG command will be issued for 1 segment(s).
VMFBDS2219I Processing object INSTSEG.SEGMENT
DMSDCS358E Skeleton segment INSTSEG has already been reserved
DMSGEN1279E Error(s) occurred during SEGGEN processing.
VMFBDS1965E The command, SEGGEN INSTSEG PSEG A SYSTEM SEGID D2 ( TYPE,
failed
            with return code 32
VMFBLD1851E (1 of 1) VMFBDSEG completed with return code 100. Some objects
were
            not built
VMFBLD2180I There are 1 build requirements remaining
VMFBLD2760I VMFBLD processing completed unsuccessfully
Ready(00008); T=3.73/3.98 21:13:33

The reason I added the "type" option, was the advice in the manual for
catching errors,

and in fact, that line about "already reserved" was what showed up. So I ran
through the steps again, and added

Q SEGMENT *

after the two ACCesses, before running vmfbld.

The result was:

q segment *
DMSDCT357I No segment spaces exist
Ready(00028); T=0.01/0.01 21:16:19
[...]
Ready(00008); T=3.67/3.90 21:16:49

So, why does it say already reserved if it isn't?

 Help, anybody?

Thanks very much!!
Shimon