De: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] En nombre
de Rob van der Heij
Enviado el: martes, 17 de marzo de 2009 11:57
Para: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Asunto: Re: z/VM 5.4 Installation from DVD Failure - PJBR

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:41 AM, jose raul baron <jba...@calculo-sa.es>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are currently installing a second-level z/VM via DVD installation and
we
> are getting this error when issuing the command:

> -f CKD222* | unpack | eckdrest
> 2222
>
> CKD222*
> DMSRXS1408W File TCPIP DATA * not found
> ECKDREST: WARNING: 75 TRACKS WERE RESTORED AND 75 ADDITIONAL TRACKS WERE
> CLEARED
> ECKDREST: WROTE 150 TRACKS ON 2222,
> RC=1
> Ready(00001);

Are you sure the 2222 disk is R/W and that it is the right size?   I
tried to do it from the "quick ref guide" and found that it was
missing some of the steps that you need (and are only in the real
book).
IIRC this looks like the original disk was 5 cyl and yours is 10, and
that the RC=1 is an indication that it went fine..   Access the mini
disk and see what's there and whether it looks reliable. If it was
initially empty and now has a lot of files, then you're probably good
to go.

Rob