Hello Listers,

I am looking into XLINK. The main goal is to be able to determine if a
minidiskextent on DASD is already in R/W use on a different VM. This way
we
could provide for an easy switch for linux guests from one VM to another.

We do not setup the full CSE here. SPOOL and DIRMAINT are just for their
own
VM image.

Now I have found that I need:
- XLINK_SYSTEM_INCLUDE for every VM system.
- XLINK_VOLUME_INCLUDE for every DASD volume.
- XLINK FORMAT the DASD to enable the volume for XLINK usage.

Do I need more? For instance, it could be that there are multiple minidis
ks
on one volume and that the linuxguests in question are spread across the
4
VM images. Should the DASD be set to SHARED for this? As I understand it
linux doesn't require the disks to be SHARED but I'd like to be sure.

Are there any other issues I should prepare for?

TIA,
Berry.