Valerie,

I would have to recommend "VM Resources" here also:
http://www.vm-resources.com/

good luck

Bill Munson
Sr. z/VM Systems Programmer
Brown Brothers Harriman & CO.
525 Washington Blvd.
Jersey City, NJ 07310
201-418-7588

President MVMUA
http://www2.marist.edu/~mvmua/

Michael Coffin <michaelcof...@mccci.com>
03/26/2009 11:23 AM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Time Estimate to Create a "Fully Production Ready" z/VM System!

Hi Valerie,

If I can offer some advice - the decisions being made today will shape
how you run and use your z/VM system for years to come.  Life will be
much "easier" in the long run if someone with z/VM-specific experience
can help you and your staff make these decisions.  It might be advisable
to bring in a z/VM Systems Programming Consultant who can help you
manage this important project AND bring your z/OS Programmers "up to
speed" a lot faster.  The time you save in deployment of your new system
will likely pay for the expense of the Consultant.

The same is true for z/Linux, assuming your z/OS guys are also new to
z/Linux.

Disclaimer:  I am a Systems Programming Consultant, but I wouldn't have
time for this project right now. :)

Michael Coffin, President
MC Consulting Company, Inc.
57 Tamarack Drive
Stoughton, Massachusetts  02072

Voice: (781) 344-9837    FAX: (781) 344-7683

michaelcof...@mccci.com
www.mccci.com