David,

Thanks.

1. How does OpenSolaris zfs utilize the storage tier on System z? Are the
disks  allocated to  zfs pool(s)  simply reserved CMS formatted disks?
2. How does the Async I/O in ZFS work? Would the guest that requested the
I/O  be signaled with an ext interrupt by the I/O appliance?
3. What API/system transport layer would be used in VM for guests to conduct
I/O through an appliance managing ZFS?

Regards,

Gary Dennis

0 ... living between the zeroes ... 0