On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:33:01 -0400, Davis, Larry <larry.davis.consult...@n
IELSEN.COM> wrote:

>are there currently any CMS options for performing Secure FTP transfers?

>Larry Davis
>The Nielsen Company

That catch is that there are several different things called "Secure FTP"
.  SFTP  (SSH + FTP) client is,
as far as I know, not supported on CMS. FTPS is FTP secured by SSL. That
is supported in z/VM
5.3.0 and later.

In my shop they are not happy with this, they want SFTP (even though Info
rmation Security says
SFTP is Allowed and FTPS is Most Preferred.) They want SCP, too. Perhaps
they want what they are
used to. Or what comes with their standard build of Unix/Linux. Perhaps d
on't want to request
additional software and call attention to their use of FTP to move data f
rom Unix to CMS to do
their batch processing.

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com