From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Jack Woehr
Sent: 05 April 2009 23:18
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Secure FTP

Dave Wade wrote:

Well Linux expects a directory structure so "normal" CMS disks aren't easily
accessed,

I can think of one or two ways to model that to Linux.

 and the protocols used to access the BFS and SFS file systems are
proprietary, so that not easily achieved either....

Has whining and pleading been tried?

You wouldn't have to worry about scp or sftp for CMS. You'd just fetch
this stuff back and forth thru Linux.

Ah yes the joys of closed systems...

Anecdotally it appears that you fully employed VM hacks spend way too much
time
stumbling over how hard it is to integrate CMS into the brave new world. A
file system
driver in Linux would fix about 99% of the integration methinks.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # I run for public office from time to time. It's
like