Hi Scott,

Probably don't need to. What I am doing is a DFDSS full volume copy of
my test system to a new set of system and user packs. I defined some
mdisks on the running system pointing to the SYSTEM CONFIG and User
Directory files on the NEWRES. I made the changes to the SYSTEM CONFIG
and Directory files that matched the new environment, such as new
sysres, page, spool, and work volumes.

Pointing to the area on the NEWRES pack that contains the User Directory
is done and than defining another mdisk for NEWRES as 0 to END. Once the
changes were made I issued the DIRECTXA USER DIRECT M (FM='M' is the FM
that I accessed the mdisk for the Directory area on the NEWRES pack with

Question:

1.      Is ok to copy the spool from the other system to the new system?
Are the  NSS on the spool specific for each system or does it matter if
this information is copied to another system?
2.      When I tried to IPL this new system the first time I issued a
WARM IPL this failed and I was prompted to STOP or FORCE I elected to
issue FORCE. It looked like everything came up but I noticed that
xautolog of the autolog2 had failed. The xautolog of autolog1 which
starts RACF and a few other machines worked fine, but when aoutlog2 was
executed it failed. I wrote down the error message but I left it at
work. Is there a way to get any error text from the execution of the
AUTOLOG2 exec like to a RDR so that I can see if there any other errors?

I guess that is it for now. Thanks for the help!!

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Information Technology

z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning

Cell - 443 632-4191

Work - 410 786-0386

terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov <mailto:terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov>