Yes, that is correct.

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of sunny...@wcb.ab.ca
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:22 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Dirmaint feature is disabled

Thanks David Wakser and Dave Jones.
My Dirmain starts to run again! :)

I rememberd last time I did use cf2 ipl VM
does that mean: If I try shutdown reip command, the system will still
use cf2 instead of cf1 ?

Sunny Hu
I. M. Technical Services
W.C.B. Alberta
(780) 498-4739
sunny...@wcb.ab.ca

Dave Jones <d...@vsoft-software.com>

04/28/2009 04:44 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: Dirmaint feature is disabled

Are you sure the CPPARM disk you are reIPLing from is the one that holds

the updated SYSTEM CONFIG file?

sunny...@wcb.ab.ca wrote:

> I use service dirm enable
> dir2prod sam 5vmdir40
> dirr2prod access_new 5VMDIR40 dirm
> change config files
> dir2prod prod 5vmdir40 dirm
> logoff
>  log on Dirmaint  dvhbegin
>
> Just now I did
> service dirm enable --- which can update system config.
> shutdown reipl
>
> logon dirmaint
>

> PRODUCT:

> IBM Directory Maintenance Facility for z/VM (DirMaint)

> 5741-A05 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1979, 2008.

> Function Level 540 Service Level 0901.

> DMSACC724I 155 replaces A (191)

> DMSACC723I X (01DE) R/W - OS

> DVHPRO2008I ROLE = DIRMAINT

> DVHPRO2031T THE DIRMAINT FEATURE IS DISABLED.

> DVHPRO2003T INITIALIZATION HAS FAILED FOR DIRMAINT; RC = 4.

> DIRMAINT VMPROD2. - 2009/04/28; T=0.01/0.01 16:25:59

>   q product

> Product  State    Description

> 5VMDIR40 Disabled 00/00/00.00:00:00.$BASEDDR DIRECTORY MAINTENANCE FL
> 540
> 5VMPTK40 Disabled 00/00/00.00:00:00.$BASEDDR PERFORMANCE TOOLKIT FOR
VM

> 5VMRAC40 Disabled 00/00/00.00:00:00.$BASEDDR RACF for VM

> 5VMRSC40 Disabled 00/00/00.00:00:00.$BASEDDR RSCS Networking Version 5

> Release 4
>  Modification 0

> Sunny Hu
> I. M. Technical Services
> W.C.B. Alberta
> (780) 498-4739
> sunny...@wcb.ab.ca
>

> *Dave Jones <d...@vsoft-software.com>*
> Sent by: The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
>
> 04/28/2009 04:09 PM
> Please respond to
> The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

>                  IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
> cc
>
> Subject
>                  Re: Dirmaint feature is disabled
>

> Hi, Sunny.
>
> sunny...@wcb.ab.ca wrote:
>  >
>  > I need help.
>
> You've come to the right spot, then....:-)
>
>  >I moved zM V5.4 to the first level.
>  > Turn the Dirmaint on. It works well at first.
>  > Then start to set TCPIP stack.
>  > But after I shutdown reipl
>  > I got
>  >  DVHPRO2008I ROLE = DATAMOVE
>  >  DVHPRO2008I ROLE = DATAMOVE
>  >  DVHPRO2008I ROLE = DIRMAINT
>  >  DVHPRO2008I ROLE = DIRMAINT
>  >  DVHPRO2031T THE DIRMAINT FEATURE IS DISABLED.
>  >  DVHPRO2031T THE DIRMAINT FEATURE IS DISABLED.
>  >  DVHPRO2031T THE DIRMAINT FEATURE IS DISABLED.
>

> [snip of a lot of error messages....]
>  >
>  > Ready; T=0.01/0.01 15:57:41

>  >
>  >
>  > What happen?  How to do the troubleshooting?
>  >
>  > Please help me!
>
> My first guess would be that you enabled DIRMAINT by hand using the
SET

--
Dave Jones
V/Soft
www.vsoft-software.com
Houston, TX
281.578.7544

Scanned by WCB Webgate2 AntiSpam/AntiVirus email gateway.

________________________________

This message is intended only for the addressee. It may contain
privileged or confidential information. Any unauthorized disclosure is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify us immediately so that we may correct our internal records.
Please then delete the original email. Thank you. (Sent by Webgate2)

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail, including any attachment to it, may contain
material that is confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or "Protected Health
Information," within the meaning of the regulations under the Health Insurance
Portability & Accountability Act as amended.  If it is not clear that you are
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail, including any attachment to it, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender
and delete it from your system. Thank you.