From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Thomas Kern
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:06 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Writing/Closing a file in a pipeline

I have an exec with a pipeline that is listening on STARMSG *VMEVENT. Whe= n it
receives a LOGON record, it gets processed and additional information = is
added to the record. I would like the record to be written to a disk file=

and that disk file be available for others to read via READ-ONLY links to=

the minidisk. I have DISKSLOW as the file-writing stage now and when I st= op
the program (HVMEVENT or PIPMOD STOP), the file with the latest informati= on
is there, but when the program is running, I cannot see the file until th= e
process has been stopped at least once. Even after it has been stopped an= d
restarted, I cannot see the records received after the restart.

What is the best practice for writing a logfile from a pipeline such that=

the latest record is available for read-only viewing as soon as possible?=

/Tom Kern