He did initially point everyone to the VM overhead in a VM/VM/VSE system, but I
also wonder about other items.

They got a bigger processor, but is it the same number of engines?  A uni to a
larger dual processor (he talked about number of engines on the z890), is a lot
of heart burn.  VSE/ESA 2.3 doesn't have the Turbo dispatcher on by default.
So, only one engine is used.  But when you turn on Turbo dispatcher, then you
also have additional overhead (per the foils).

I do wonder if the second level VM and the third level VSE have all processors
available to then (with turbo dispatch on)?

When they have performance problems and you don't have a good performance
monitor, my stance is, if IND doesn't show 95% or more CPU utilization, you
don't have a CPU problem.  A bad T/V ratio, is all about the CPU.

Of course, unless real performance numbers are posted, this discussion is just
"bar talk" <G>.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> Rob van der Heij <rvdh...@gmail.com> 5/4/2009 2:43 AM >>>
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Tom Duerbusch
<duerbus...@stlouiscity.com> wrote:
> Take a look at "Overhead Deltas for VSE Releases" which is page 5 of the
> following PDF:

You're probably a bit confused about the overhead that OP was talking
about. The "overhead deltas" is the internal (additional) VSE
processing on b

--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software