Might this be a job for zCMS? I haven't tried it, don't know anything about it,
but it kind of sounds like it might help.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Rob van der Heij
Sent: April 30, 2009 02:59
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: How Many Files Can Be on a Minidisk Before It Cannot be ACCESSed?

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:40 AM, James Stracka (DHL US)
<james.stra...@dhl.com> wrote:
> Rob,
>
> Thanks.  That works great when the disk is too full for the application to
> issue the EXEC to archive the files.  I have to see if we can work that into
> the code.
>
> The major concern I had is to prevent the application from getting the
> following messages when it writes that file that breaks the camel's back:

Ah yes, pretty dumb of me. Someone needs to write them to cause the
too large number of files.

Have you looked whether the other CMS leaves more room under the line?
(that is used to save DOSBAM and friends)
Also you should be able to get rid of some of the segments that you don't need.

Rob

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review retransmission dissemination or other use of or taking any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient or delegate is strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The
integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The sender accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided.  The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.  The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.  This disclaimer is property of the TTC and must
not be altered or circumvented in any manner.