Velocity Software is sponsoring a free one day performance seminar in
Tarrytown, NY! The agenda is included below. For additional information and to
register please visit http://www.velocitysoftware.com/seminar/seminar.html

Call me directly if you have any questions or need additional information. We
hope to see you there!

Topics Presented

Managing Linux under z/VM using the Linux Performance Suite (ESALPS)
Managing Linux on a mainframe requires capacity planning, performance analysis,
chargeback, and operational support. This next topic describes the technologies
employed by Velocity Software's ESALPS.

  a.. SNMP and Net-SNMP
  b.. Measuring Linux, NT, and Sun Servers
  c.. VM Performance Data
  d.. Using ESALPS for Performance Data Collection

VM and Linux Configuration Guidelines
Many installations have failed in their proof of concept because of simple
configuration errors. Linux on System z is NOT Linux on Intel, and is NOT z/VM
for traditional CMS workloads. The requirements are very different. On System
Z, we have technologies that other platforms can only dream of - and utilizging
those technologies often means the difference between success and failure. This
topic presents:

  a.. Configuring for Performance
  b.. Subsystems: DASD, Storage, Expanded Storage, Paging
  c.. Scheduler Parameters

Analyzing and Tuning Linux Storage in z/VM Environment. Running Linux under
z/VM well requires an understanding of Linux storage and the tuning options
that exist. This presentation looks at:

  a.. Linux Storage Overview
  b.. Storage Tuning Options (XIP, CMM)
  c.. Standard Tuning Techniques

Linux and z/VM Accounting and Chargeback This presentation is provided to
answer today's most common question of how to perform accounting and chargeback
for linux processes, applications and/or servers.

Melissa Curry
Account Executive

Velocity Software, Inc.
196-D Castro Street