On Thursday, 05/21/2009 at 08:39 EDT, "David L. Craig" <d...@radix.net>
wrote:
> With all due respect, Sir Alan, and with no intention of
> shooting the messenger, this does not appear to be a solution
> for CMS VSAM-dependent products that we currently use.  This
> policy has the potential to complicate, if not completely
> derail, a proposed upgrade to a 2098-F01 of the shop I am
> supporting that has been VM and VSE for decades.  And here
> I've been bragging on IBM to the Microsofties.  I know--
> it's just business.  What's one entry-level z10?  Or two?

Back in 2005 we announced two things about 5686-081 (VSE/VSAM for VM):
o It would be withdrawn from marketing effective September 30, 2005.
o Service would be discontinued February 28, 2007.

That provided 18 months for those who needed or wanted to move off of
CMS/VSAM-based applications to do so or approach the vendor about
alternative implementations (such as I described), or to accept the risk
and continue to run with it.

In August it will be 4 years since we announced EoS for CMS/VSAM.  I'm not
sure what you expect IBM to do.