I've been rereading the redbook we prepared last September, and I
don't find any explicit text to this issue, even though I remember we
discussed this a bit.  Being almost Unix illiterate, I wanted an "as
much VM as possible" solution for the redbook audience and probably
this is how I solved the authorisation problem:
   openvm owner  /../VMBFS:VMSYSL:LDAPSRV/ = LDAPSRV
Something that sound logical to me: LDAPSRV being the owner of all
that's in the LDAPSRV file space.  For TCPMAINT I asked to set
  POSIXINFO fsroot /../VMBFS:VMSYS:ROOT/ UID 0 GNAME system
in the CP directory entry of TCPMAINT.  So it can do anything in BFS,
like creating the key ring for LDAPSRV.  I guess I should have
explained why.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support