Marcy,
Attached are the responses that you requested :
q SIGNALS
                                        Signalled  Timeout
Userid        Signal    Signal Status   By         Remaining
DFNORVAR      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
ZORACLE1      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
DFNREP        SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
NSBDX02       SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
NSBDX01       SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
TDCPWK01      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
TDCPM01       SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
TQRTOR01      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
NDRTWB01      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
IFNETL        SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
IFNILOG       SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
IFNINFO       SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
IFNORSTG      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
IFNORSTO      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
NPSTOR01      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
TFNPOR01      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
ZORACLE3      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
DFNILOG       SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
DFNINFO       SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
ZORACLE5      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
ZORACLE7      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
ZORACLE6      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
ZORACLE4      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
ZORACLE8      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
ZORACLE2      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
DFNWEB        SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
DFNETL        SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
DFNORWAR      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
DFNORRUL      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
DFNORSTG      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
ZORACLEA      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
ZORACLE9      SHUTDOWN  Enabled         -          -
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 14:21:34
Q shutdown
System shutdown time: 30 seconds
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 14:22:33
q signal shutdowntime
System default shutdown signal timeout: 1200 seconds
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 14:23:09
  The contents of one of the zipl files is as follows:
dfnorvar:~ # cat /etc/zipl.conf

# Modified by YaST2. Last modification on Tue Mar 10 14:01:45 UTC 2009
[defaultboot]
defaultmenu = menu

:menu
    default = 1
    prompt = 1
    target = /boot/zipl
    timeout = 10
    1 = ipl
    2 = Failsafe

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: ipl###
[ipl]
    image = /boot/image
    target = /boot/zipl
    ramdisk = /boot/initrd,0x1000000
    parameters = "root=/dev/dasda1   TERM=dumb"

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name:
failsafe###
[Failsafe]
    image = /boot/image-2.6.16.60-0.21-default
    target = /boot/zipl
    ramdisk = /boot/initrd-2.6.16.60-0.21-default,0x1000000
    parameters = "root=/dev/dasda1   TERM=dumb 3"

dfnorvar:~ #
                     Thank you,
                     Bob