 From a vm standpoint everything appears to be working as designed. It
appears that linux sends the termination response to vm before it has
really completed it's (linux)shutdown. In linux's inittab we have
"shutdown -h" coded.
                         Thanks,  Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Romanowski, John (OFT)
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:57 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Clean Linux Guest Shutdown

I  CP FORCE guest WITHIN nn
Like CP SIGNAL SHUTDOWN that triggers the linux's inittab CTRLALTDEL
entry.

What do you mean when you say "linux appears to send a response to VM
saying it has completed shutdown; but apparently it really hasn't "?

Is that sent response just a message on the guest's console or a linux
script doing VMCP MESSAGE userid blah blah blah?