Hi, John.

Welcome to z/VM! as you've already noticed, there is no VTAM involved
here....:-)

To change the different z/VM logon logos that and end user can see, you
 can change the LOGO CONFIG file to point to different logo definition
files...there can be one logo for each type of 3270 connection to z/VM:
1) locally attached, 2) via TCP/IP (logical device) and 3) via SVM. Each
of the logo definition files contains a picture (3270 byte orders) that
CP uses to display the z/VM logon screen when a 3270 session connects to
the z/VM system via that particular connection method.

These files are stored on MAINT's CP PARMS disk at address CF1; and
there are several sample LOGO files provided for you to use. There is
even a tool, DRAWLOGO, that will help you interactively construct your
own logo screen, using extended attributes, colors, etc. This is all
documented in the z/VM V5R4.0 CP Planning and Administration manual,
chapter 2.

John Zarzeck wrote:
Hi List, I am a complete newbie to TCP/Ip on z/VM - I'm a z/OS-er. We
have brought up the TCPIP stack on z/Vm 5.4, and I can logon both unsecure and secure (with SSLSERV). I cannot find out how to set up customised 'USSTABLES' for the TN3270 clients - how do you change the
 z/vm logo, use 'system symbolics' in the table, etc? I am looking at
this from a z/os viewpoint.. Could I have different 'USSMSG10' for different ports? I have looked for the TCP/IP redbooks for z/vm 5.4 in vain. Thanks, John Zarzeck

--
Dave Jones
V/Soft